Here is a summary of the most frequently asked questions about the Small Business Book Awards. You can see the official rules here.
What are the official dates of the Small Business Book Awards?
- Nominations: March 2, 2016 - April 27, 2016 (2:59 pm ET/11:59 am PT)
- Voting: April 28, 2016 - May 11, 2016 (2:59 pm ET/11:59 am PT)
- Community Choice Winners Announced: May 12, 2016
- Judges Choice Winners Announced: May 19, 2016
When do nominations begin?
March 2, 2016
When do nominations end?
April 27, 2016 at 11:59 am Pacific Time
What books are eligible?
Business Books published between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015
Can I nominate an ebook?
YES! You can nominate ebooks that are for sale. FREE ebook downloads are NOT eligible.
What categories of books are eligible?
We have 7 book categories
Marketing, Social Media, Management, Economics, Technology, Startup, Motivation
We also have a "resource" category that includes those people, companies, tools and apps that support authors of small business books.
How do I fill out the nomination form?
Filling out the nomination form is easy! You’ll need the following:
- Amazon or Barnes and Noble link to the book
- A picture of the book
- A short, non-salesy description of the book - in your own words (please do NOT copy and paste the description from Amazon or Barnes and Noble)
- Your email
- Contact info for the author (email, Twitter ID, Facebook Page, book web site)
You can see the official rules here.
When does voting begin?
April 28, 2016 11:59 am Pacific Time (Los Angeles)
When does voting end?
April 28, 2016 at 11:59 am Pacific Time (Los Angeles)
How do I vote for my favorite books.
Each person can vote once for any book during the entire community voting period (April 28, 2016 - May 11, 2016 (2:59 pm ET/11:59 am PT). You can vote for as many individual books as you like -- but only once during the voting period.
When you visit a specific book page, you will see a red button that says "VOTE". Once you click (vote) for that book, the button will turn black and say "VOTED". You will not be able to vote for that same book again during the voting period.
I haven't voted for a book -- but the button says "VOTED" - What's going on?
Our system counts votes from specific IP addresses. We have found that this is the best way to maintain the integrity and quality of our system and avoid illegal voting schemes such as automated voting.