In Team Turnarounds, the authors, through interviews with team managers and turnaround masters, show the six steps they say teams must take in order to go from worst to first:
- Leading past losing: Take a good hard look at where you are and tell the truth about it.
- Committing to growth: After you accept reality, you have to see past it and commit to a new future.
- Changing behaviors: This stage transforms planning and talking into actually doing and taking actions.
- Embracing adversity: Domino’s Pizza is featured as an example of a company facing their obstacles head on.
- Achieving success: Once your team starts winning, the next step is to focus on what's next. Winning isn't the end, it's the beginning.
- Nurturing a culture of excellence: This features an interview with Dan Rooney from the Steelers and what it takes to maintain a dynasty.
There's also a workbook to create your own turnaround.
Twitter ID: @JoeFrontiera