Author: Frank Lavin and Peter Cohan
Book Site: Export Now
"Export Now" explains in business language the steps you can take to compete and win in exports. Authors Frank Lavin and Peter Cohan apply their decades of expertise in helping companies to break down the task into manageable components.
"Export Now" is a step-by-step guide to tackling the international marketplace. The core messages of the book: (1) It is easier than you think; (2) you do need a plan. The authors offer you the tools to devise your own plan in Export Now.
This book boils down the challenge into the "Five Cs" of exporting:
- Country: How to pick the right one.
- Customers: How they differ in new markets.
- Competitors: What to look for when you are away from your home market.
- Capabilities: What you need to win.
- Capability Gap: How to close it.
Twitter ID: @export_now