2016 Book Awards Winners - Judges and Community
May 19, 2016 --
Attention small business book readers and enthusiasts! After weeks of nominations, community voting and judges’ deliberations — we’re ready to announce the winners of the 2016 Small Business Book Awards!
The 2016 Small Business Book Awards have been one of our most engaged and vibrant. This year we had 178 nominations across our eight categories and nearly 11,000 votes with thousands of Facebook comments from fans across the spectrum of small business book readers and supporters of the nominees.
There are two parts to the awards: the Judged Winners, which are chosen based on merit; and a Community Choice designation, which is decided by the community.
And now, let’s have a drumroll, if you please. It’s time to announce the 2016 Small Business Book Awards winners.
Judged Winners – 2016
The Judged Winners were selected based on merit by a panel of expert judges. In addition to overall excellence, the judging criteria included: content, usefulness, and freshness.
- Economics: “The Network Always Wins” By Peter Hansen
- Management: “Widgets” by Rodd Wagner
- Social Media: “The Engaged Leader” by Charlene Li
- Startup: “Venture Mom” by Holly Hurd
- Technology: “Humanizing Big Data” by Colin Strong
- Marketing: “Captivology” by Ben Parr
- Motivation: “Find Your Balance Point” by Brian Tracy
- Resources: “Evernote”
Community Choice Winners – 2016
The Community Choice Winners were based upon popular vote of the small business community.
- Overall Community Choice Winner: One Simple Idea by Stephen Key
- Motivation: Entrepreneurship Philosophia by Joshua Okello
- Economics: The Whole Brain Business Book, 2nd Edition by Ned Herrmann
- Social Media: Valuable Content Marketing: How to Make Quality Content Your Key to Success by Sonja Jefferson
- Startup: Screw the Valley by Timothy Sprinkle
- Technology: The New IT by Jill Dyche
- Management: The Coaching Solution by Renee Robertson
- Marketing: The Small Business Owner’s Guide to Local Lead Generation by R. Perry, J. Sturges, P. Singleton, K. Jordan
- Resources: Actionable Books
See the Slide Presentation for more about the Awards winners:
Meet The Judges
The Expert Panel of Judges included:
- Brian Smith, Senior Managing Partner of Individual Advantages
- Martin Lindeskog, owner of Egoist International Business Coordinator
- Professor M.S.Rao, known as the Father of ‘Soft Leadership’
- Ivana Taylor, Book Editor for Small Business Trends and Publisher of DIYMarketers
- Pierre DeBois, Associate Book Editor and Founder of Zimana
The Judges were assisted by the Small Business Trends CTO, Leland McFarland – and Small Business Trends Publisher, Anita Campbell.