Author: Danny Iny
Book Site: Engagement from Scratch!
Engagement From Scratch is the new crowd-sourced book led by Danny Iny of Montreal, Canada and co-founder of Firepole Marketing.
The book is a collection of essays from 30 people who are active online and who have experience building communities, along with a foreword by CC Chapman. Contributors include Brian Clark, Natalie Sisson, Evan Carmichael, Kristi Hines, Derek Halpern and Ana Hoffman -- to name a few. Each essay has the contributor explaining his or her own experiences building an online community.
The types of communities include:
- paid membership communities
- forums and discussion boards
- email mailing-list communities
- communities built on social media platforms such as Twitter, Google+ and Facebook
- communities that are multi-faceted and loosely defined -- they fluidly cross over from blogs to Twitter to Google+ to Facebook, and back again.
Twitter ID: @DannyIny